Thursday, August 31, 2006

Learning Programming: Day 2

It always amazaes me how I can be bored at work for months on end and then be in a sea of work that I can't get out from under. Hopefully this weekend will buy me some time.

The next chapter of the book is still a snail's pace read describing how the windows system is so wonderful and helps programs run better by helping to decide drivers for systems for the program. It also states how when games could directly access the hardwere, they ran faster and with more stability. Pro's and con's aiside, I think it's about time they give me a command list or two so I can feel like I am progressing on my goal.

Don't get me wrong, the history of why it works that way is important for me to know, but I'd like to get moving. I think I'll do two games for each thing they teach me. One to walk through it, and the other to test how well I learned it. One will be the evolution of the game I'd like to make and the other will be little games with Thomas the Tank Engine for my nephew. I think it will be a help to have a drive behind it, and I'd love to see if I can get him to enjoy computers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home