Wednesday, June 21, 2006

R.I.P. Mythic

In case to you didn’t see the thousands of geek chatter, EA bought Mythic.

What does this mean? Well, nothing really. EA buying them doesn’t mean a damn thing besides they might have a large marketing budget for Warhammer Online. That’s about the only thing that can actually be confirmed.

But what we think it means? Well, that’s a whole different story. EA is the killer of all games not sports. I’ll just go ahead and say that when you hear a company got bought by them, you might as well tell the next person the company got cancer. They will take all the support staff and cut them to centralize, and then they will bleed the creative team till they all quit or start talking to their plants for companionship. The last stage is taking whatever product they were making and giving it to the group that isn’t still crying from upgrading Madden and tell them to fix it up and push it out in a week. “Why is that dwarf carrying a football and why are the orcs pursuing him in a blitz pattern?” You know why.

To the great people at Mythic, I want to thank you. Dark Age was a great game, and I bet Warhammer was going to be as well. Thanks for all the great fun. Anyone who has stayed in a North Austin bar past 1am knows that NCSoft is hiring. Perhaps Lum will even lend you a couch for the night.

On the bright side, I did miss Tweety’s rants. Perhaps she will be able to tell us about all the years dealing with our whining about every petty thing in the game. Did I ever mention I bumped into her at a D&B here in Austin? I was going to introduce myself, but the reality that I just recognized her made me think I might better use my time by going home and smashing my PC.

1 Comments:

At June 23, 2006 9:06 PM, Blogger VF said...

Yeah...I wouldn't have introduced myself either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home