Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Day One- The Book

Well, I went out and bought myself a book. I chose this one because it looked like it was going to focus on C++ and also look at it from a gaming stand point.

I have trouble learning things that are not applicable, so I thought just learning trying to learn the language would go nowhere. This book will hopefully help me create small games that relate to the big picture of the game I really want to build. I think it will help to have a goal in place and make the things I learn much easier to recall in the process.

The first chapter of the book is a little discouraging when it come to imagining the odds of me creating a game, but let’s start with one thing at a time. Baby steps are the key, and I’m ready to get started. I liked the description of OOP and think it will make sense to me as I build. I recall making games when I was very young and everything was thrown together in one big chunk of code. The idea of having each object separate and then linking them together makes this a lot more feasible in my mind. I can imagine making standard characters or creatures that I can put into other games as I get more advanced.

I wish I had some talent when it comes to graphic design, but something tells me that graphics are further down the road then I think.

1 Comments:

At August 26, 2006 1:45 PM, Blogger VF said...

phentermine...health insurance...debt consolidation...home equity loans. holy shit! I was looking for all those things! Thank god I visit erratic regard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home