Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Decent


I got to see this movie last weekend, and really have to say I liked it. It had some great shock moments, dimly lit gore, and a ton of blood. The best thing about it was that no one tried to over explain the damn thing.

One thing I hate in horror movies is when you have someone in the film trying to explain what is going on to rationalize or make it more believable. I didn’t come here to see something that could happen to me. If I wanted to be terrified by something of that sort, I’d just watch he news.

This movie did exactly what a slasher horror movie is supposed to do. Take a group of people that all have different backgrounds and a common bond, isolate them, limit their escape options, and have some unknown thing start killing them. They even made it all females so you didn’t have to deal with the man/woman dynamic crap. It was about as good as a horror movie can get in our desensitized world.

You should go check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home