Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Does That Make Me Crazy?

I just saw the MTV Movie Awards video of Gnarls Barkley on YouTube. I liked the song already, but that video filled my heart with joy? Why, you might ask? Well, because I’m a geek and I still love Star Wars.

Seeing people dressed up like Stormtroopers always makes my heart beat faster. It reminds me of a time as a kid where I would imagine being in that world. It reminds me of seeing Star Wars when I was so young; it almost wrote a whole section of my mind. I remember sitting in top of a car to see Empire at a drive-in. It makes me recall a great story of the hero’s journey. It also reminds me that I wanted to be Darth Vader.

A big warning sign for the parental figures, but they were a bit busy with adult things, I’m sure. I’d dress in black and thing of the power of having millions of faceless minions at my control. Seeing something so powerful and yet enslaved by another opened my mind even further. Perhaps it was my first understanding of paradox, but it didn’t make me think less of him. Vader rocked, and the only person that could stop him was Vader himself. I told myself that if I ever got rich, I’d hire guards and make them dress up like Stormtroopers. My future wife best pray I don’t get rich, because that is still on top of the list.

So, once again, screw you Lucas. I reject your prequels. I just saw a Stormtrooper play bass on stage of a world broadcast and everyone loved it. They remember the joy of the world you made, even if you can’t.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home