Tuesday, August 22, 2006

When I grow up...

This blog has been about many things. One is to write about things that I am passionate about. Another is to find out what I am passionate about. So far it looks like I am passionate about stories told in any media. I love reading, watching, or playing stories and I don’t think that will ever go away. Now that I have discovered this, what do I do about it?

My best gift is my ability with computers. I have a knack for them that comes naturally. It has helped me get a job and prosper to a life I find comfortable. I love my life as it is, but see that some time very soon, it will come to an end in the aspect of my job. This has been a constant worry for me and a painfully dull and repetitive conversation for those around me. I have to grow in my career path, but my job does not provide it? How will I live after this job passes without coming up with skills to replace what the atrophy of my current position has squandered? This worries me all the time. I have grown lazy and can’t find the passion to move at the speed I used to love.

Well, my friends, it looks like I have two things that drive me in work and play. Those two are stories and computers. I’m going to try and combine the two by trying to learn how to make games. Small crappy ones at first, but hopefully they will grow. I am not sure if I have the time or the drive to do it, but I must at least try.

My plan is to buy a cheap book on how to make a game in C++ and blog my progress. Perhaps you will see yet another fantasy die, or perhaps the emergence of a new life for me. I’ll keep studying things for my career and keep this as a hobby. I hope it will be a hobby I have for years to come. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home